Will you and other members from your League be joining us in Chicago for Convention next June 28 – July 1?
To help you plan ahead, here are some key Convention-related dates. Reminders and notices of these and other Convention events will be posted in future League Updates:
- Online room reservations for LWV attendees – Now Open!
- Check out the preliminary Schedule At a Glance - this schedule will be updated as plans firm up.
- The Program Planning Leaders Guide is published.
- Ticket sales begin for the “Second City” comedy troupe performance, the LWVIL fundraiser at Convention.
- Leagues submit their membership numbers which determine how many voting delegates they may have at Convention. Consult the LWVUS bylaws for the formula to determine delegates based on membership.
- Convention registration opens.
- Applications for awards and workshop/caucus facilitation posted with due dates.
- Deadline for submitting Bylaws Amendments, Program Report forms.
- Awards and workshop/caucus applications reviewed and Leagues contacted.
- Two Webinars to help attendees prepare for Convention.
- Proposed program, budget, bylaws amendments, and Report of Nominating Committee posted
- Hotel reservations and Convention registration close on May 28. Please don’t wait till the last minute. Reserve and register well before then, to ensure you get a room at the LWV group rate and the early bird registration fee – and to make sure we have an accurate count of attendees.
- See you in Chicago June 28th! When you arrive, stop by the Welcome Reception and jump right in to greet hundreds of League members from around the country to experience the great League spirit and energy!