All candidates for LWVUS office have been made aware of the following Fair Campaign Pledge. Names will be added to this page as nominees sign the pledge. This pledge is part of the larger Campaign Policy for Candidates for LWVUS Office.
FAIR CAMPAIGN PRACTICES PLEDGE
As a candidate for LWVUS office, I pledge to conduct my campaign professionally, openly and fairly and to abide by this campaign pledge.
1. I will discuss the issues and participate in fair debate with respect to my views and qualifications.
2. I will participate in the candidate forum at convention as requested by the Campaign Oversight Committee.
3. I will neither engage in, nor be involved with, unfair or misleading attacks upon the character of an opponent, nor will I engage in invasion of personal privacy unrelated to fitness for office.
4. I will not be part of any appeal to prejudice.
5. I will neither use, nor be involved with the use of, any campaign material or advertisement that misrepresents, distorts or otherwise falsifies the facts regarding an opponent.
6. I will clearly identify the source of all campaign material published or distributed on my behalf.
7. I will publicly repudiate any support deriving from an individual or group whose activities would violate the principles of this pledge.
8. I will abide by the “Campaign Policies for Candidates for LWVUS Office,” including complying with financial disclosure/reporting.