Participants receive badges and a convention bag when they register. Badges allow admittance to all plenary sessions and other Convention events. Please remember to wear them at all times. Voting delegates are identified by white-colored badges; Blue badges are for non-voting attendees, visitors, board and staff; Red badges are for volunteers and members of the Dallas Local Arrangements Committee.
In order to vote, delegates MUST obtain their packet of Vote Cards at the Credentials Tables next to the Registration Desk. Remember to bring your Vote Cards to all plenary sessions.
Seating at plenary sessions is on a first-come basis. Attendees may not reserve large blocks of seats; those wishing to sit together should plan to arrive at the same time. Ushers will direct attendees to the voting delegate or non-voting seating sections. During speeches, delegates are asked to enter quietly and stand in back of ballroom until the speech is finished. During a card vote, no one is allowed to enter the room until the votes have been collected. If pre-reserved, earphones for the hearing-impaired will be available from the audio-visual staff at the back of the ballroom.
A map of the hotel Convention areas is provided on the inside back cover.
The Information Committee will maintain a message board for personal messages next to the Registration area. A list of Convention attendees will also be posted there. Signs, posters or other materials may not be pinned, taped or affixed in any way to doors or walls in guest or meeting rooms.
Copies of the “Daily Report” from the previous day’s plenary session are available at the Information Tables and in the back of the ballroom each morning. All motions and voting results are reported for participants’ information.
Local Arrangements Committee volunteers will staff the Information Table on Level Three, Dallas Ballroom Foyer, and will have hand-outs on how to order Red Hot Patriot tickets, public transportation, tours, dining, and other hotel and Dallas information. The lost-and-found box will be at this same location. Please bring found articles to this location rather than requesting an announcement in plenary sessions. Valuables turned in to the Information Table will be given to hotel security for safe keeping and may be retrieved there. NETWORKING AND SOCIAL
Special events taking place during Convention (see Workbook schedule for times and locations) include:
- RECEPTIONS – The LWVUS is hosting two evening receptions for all participants: The Friday Welcome Reception and the Monday Pre-Banquet Reception.
- DISCUSSION ROUNDTABLES – On Saturday, LWVUS is providing tables to allow participants to hold informal discussions and network on specific topics. Lunch may be purchased at the Skybridge Café concessions and brought to the tables.
- DINE AROUND - Menus and sign-up sheets for the Sunday evening Dine Around are at the Dine Around Table (near the Information Table) until noon Sunday.
- RED HOT PATRIOT - Tickets ($35) for this Saturday evening fundraiser for the Local Arrangements Committee/LWV of Dallas are available for purchase online: www.lwv.org/go/redhotpatriot. Instructions for purchasing online are also available at the Information Table. Ticket-holders are reminded to bring a printed copy of tickets purchased online for admission. Tickets will also be sold at the door (credit card or cash) before the performance.
- BANQUET – Participant Convention badges are needed for entry. Additional tickets for the Monday evening banquet ($70) will be sold at the on-site Registration Desk.
- TOURS – The Local Arrangements Committee is offering two tours on Tuesday afternoon following the close of Convention. A handout on the tours is available at the Information Table.
COPYING AND INTERNET SERVICES
The Business Center, located on Level Two of the hotel, has copying, printing, shipping, and computer services. The center is staffed Monday through Friday, 7am – 5pm, and can be accessed at other times with a guest room key. WiFi is available in all sleeping rooms at no extra charge.
On Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the Skybridge Café concessions (Level 2 Skybridge) will be open for breakfast (7am – 9am) and lunch (11:15am – 2 pm). Other hotel dining options are on the Lobby Level: Morsel’s: Coffee, tea, pastries, beverages, snacks and sandwiches. Located on the lobby level inside Collections Gift Shop. Hours: Monday - Sunday 5:30am-9pm Texas Spice Restaurant: Located next to the Hotel check-in desk, Texas Spice serves three meals daily, with an emphasis on local ingredients and southern style. Hours: Breakfast Buffet/A la Carte at 6:00am -10:30am; Lunch at 11:30am-2 pm; Dinner at 5pm-10pm The Owner’s Box:On the south end of the Hotel, this venue will offer an $11 hot breakfast buffet to League members wearing badges, Saturday-Monday, 6-10 am. At other times this is a sports bar offering appetizers, salads, hot dogs, burgers, wings and pizzas, Sunday - Thursday 11am - 12am, Friday & Saturday 11am-1am
The Convention Evaluation form in the Convention packet should be used to take notes during Convention and participants are asked to complete the evaluation electronically. A link will be available to access online during Convention and emailed to all registrants after the close of Convention to ensure we get delegate feedback.