Sample Questions: Debates/Voters' Guides
Use our sample questions to ask candidates about the pressing issues in voters' minds this year. Great for use in your voters' guides or at debates and forums.
- What are the most important challenges facing our country and how to propose to address them?
- What [will you/should our nation] do over the long term to ensure healthcare access for all?
- What will you do to support a vibrant economy in our area?
- How will you work to increase job opportunities for your constituents?
- In building a vibrant U.S. economy, would you emphasize reforming tax policies, addressing income inequality, or something else?
- What, if any, steps [will you/should our nation] take to reform current immigration policies?
- In light of escalating threats from North Korea and elsewhere, what measures do you support to address our nation's security?
- What kinds of policies, if any, will you pursue to promote social and racial justice in our community?
- What, if any, specific steps will you take to address inequalities facing women in the United States?
- What should the federal government do, if anything, to provide an equitable, quality public education for all children pre-K through grade 12?
- What measures do you support to improve and secure elections and voting in our country?
- Please explain why you do or do not think it is important to reduce the role of money in American elections.