If you are interested in forming a League in your community, you should contact your state League for more information. To start a League you must first be a member of the state League and operate a Unit in your area for a viable amount of time.
The following items will be considered in the decision to promote your Unit to League status.
- Membership roster indicating membership type – e.g. individual, household, etc.
- List of jurisdictions your League encompasses and map; include a listing of all ZIP codes in your area.
- List of Board Members
- Nonpartisan policy
- Membership activities that you have succeeded in as a Unit and future plans which also includes a brief outline of the membership activities including efforts to increase membership, improve retention and build diversity.
- Member newsletters
- Program work, voter service activities and future plans include a brief description, including community outreach components. Attach any pertinent news clippings.
- Fundraising activities and future plans.
- Brief evaluation of why you believe there is value to having a League presence in your community; include the reasoning for the membership and the community at large.